The May 2015 Windows SIG Meeting will be about file management and using Windows built-in file manager known as File Explorer & Windows Explorer. Whether you are just learning about Windows or a seasoned user, you will get some important information on how to organize your files on your hard drive or in the cloud.
We will start with a presentation developed by Hewie with the basics and then look at some other materials. The SlideShow can be found at http://www.slideshare.net/hewie/windows-file-explorercfcs2015
Organizing your computer – File Management Basics with Windows Explorer/File Explorer
Do not be confused with Internet Explorer, which is the program that allows you to browse the Internet (Web).
Here are some articles & videos that should help you.
Articles to help:
- Working with files and folders
- Folders: frequently asked questions
- How to work with files and folders
- How do I use Windows Explorer to manage my files and folders?
- How to Use Windows Explorer in Windows 7
- Windows Explorer (7) Guide starting on page 26
- File Explorer (8.1) Guide
- Windows Explorer from Windows for Beginners
Videos to help:
- Get Organized with File Explorer in Windows 8.1
- Windows 8 Tip 3: Using Windows File Explorer
- Windows Explorer in Windows 7
- Part 9 – Windows 7 Windows Explorer Basics
- Part 10 – Windows 7 Library Basics
- Part 11 – Windows 7 Move and Copy File Basics
- Windows Explorer Basics 2
- Windows 8 Basics: File Explorer