The February meeting topic will be how to capture and save information for future use or for sharing.
- Windows 7 –
- You can take a picture of what is on your screen by pressing PRINT SCREEN (PRTSC or PRTSCN on some keyboards).
To copy the entire screen – Press PRINT SCREEN
To copy only an active window – Press ALT+PRINT SCREEN
That places the capture in the clipboard. You can then paste the capture into Paint, WordPad, Word, or some other program.
- Snipping Tool. can be found in All Programs/Accessories
- Snagit http://www.snagit.com $50
- FastStone Capture http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm $20
- Jing http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html Free/Pro $15 per year
- Many freeware screen capture programs
- Screen Capturer http://screencapturer.com/ Free
- Gadwin http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/ Free
The following are other ways to capture information for later use:
- Evernote http://www.evernote.com/ Free – Highly recommended by Hewie
- Adobe Acrobat http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat.html Starting at $300 Pro version $00-$450
- Many other PDF programs available from free to $100
- Acrobat.com https://www.acrobat.com Service at $7.50 to $9.99 per month
- On line conversion from Web2PDF http://web2pdfconvert.com/ Free/$25 per year/$49 lifetime
- Word 2007/2010 Save as PDF