The topic of the day: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/
Total Commander is a Shareware file manager for Windows® 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, and Windows® 3.1. Stan has been plugging this utility for years. I have started to use it extensively. At the meeting we will go through all of the settings and demonstrate much of the capability of the utility.
Some of the features of Total Commander:
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- New: USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
ZoomIt a 267KB utility http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434.aspx
ZoomIt is free screen zoom and annotation tool for technical presentations that include application demonstrations. ZoomIt runs unobtrusively in the tray and activates with customizable hotkeys to zoom in on an area of the screen, move around while zoomed, and draw on the zoomed image.